Thursday, August 21, 2008

Next Hot Spots!?!?

The Washington Business Journal publishes a quarterly magazine about real estate that they call OnSite. Last week the latest OnSite arrived in the mail with a great piece on “The Next Big Hot Spots” in the DC area. It is a great article, and it highlights a few areas that I have recently been intrigued by which I plan to blog about for the next few weeks. As a Realtor I am also always trying to pick where the next hot spots will be, just ask my wife because she is the one who has to ride around with me and listen to me go on and on about future development, which she loves!

The article mentions “Hill East”, which is the 67 acre site known as Reservation 13 consisting of the old DC General Hospital several other support building for the city. In late spring the city sent out an RFP for this site, here is an initial sketch the city has on their website:



I was thrilled to see the mention of Hill East in the article; I have long been telling clients that eventually they will extend the footprint of the Hill all the way down to the Anacostia River, which will really give Hill residents the opportunity to enjoy the river. The Anacostia River has improved over the years, but it has a long way to go, you can learn more at the Anacostia Watershed Restoration Partnership’s website at http://www.anacostia.net, or at the Anacostia Watershed Society at http://www.anacostiaws.org.

Finally, I got a lot of feedback from last week’s blog post about my client and friend who had her bike removed from the Union Station bike rack because it was deemed too ugly. As I shared last week, she wrote a letter to the editor at the Washington Post which they published. Here is a picture of the controversial bike:



I personally don’t think it looks that bad! In an exciting twist, NBC 4 picked up the story, and you can see the piece here. This is a great story and I am hoping that Union Station will get enough heat that they will buy my friend a new lock!

That is all for now. As always, if you need help buying or selling please do not hesitate to drop me a line at 202-369-9821 or Michael@RealAstute.com.

No comments: