Thursday, August 07, 2008

I love Flipping Out!

Who saw the season finale of “Flipping Out” on Bravo? I can’t get enough of this show. Jeff Lewis is both crazy and brilliant at the same time. Yes, his OCD tendencies are nutty and he treats his staff bizarrely, but his renovation work has a great modern and sleek aesthetic.

I think my favorite moment in the finale this week was when Jenni said that a situation was a “Cluster Foogayzee.” I can think of many moments in this biz that are absolute cluster foogayzees, I think I might start using this term. Another great moment came when Jeff had to scoop the human poop that was out back at one if his flips. There was another moment like this in season one which he makes reference to in the scene. I am guessing it’s a disgruntled, or just lazy, employee!

I had missed last week’s episode, so I watched it the hour before the finale started and I was pleased to see that Chris Keslar quit. After the guacamole incident I thought he had to quit to retain any sort of self respect. I am dying to know if Jenni and Chris Elwood are officially over. That story line made me a little sad for Jenni. It must be tough to have your personal life broadcast on TV, I am sure when she signed up she never saw this coming. I guess that is why I really enjoy this show; it is the closest to “reality” that a reality show can get.

There is a wrap up interview show on Tuesday, August 12th at 10 pm which I am hoping will answer some of my lingering questions. I sure hope that Bravo renews this show for another season, until then you can visit their website here. Oh, and I won’t be wasting my time with the second season of Million Dollar Listing, it will just make me bitter!

1 comment:

Damien said...

Yeah I like this show as well. I don't watch it religiously but when I do see it I always enjoy. I'm glad Chris Keslar quit. I was wondering how long it would take. Even though he wanted to get into the business, there's only so much a person can take.

As far as Jenni's marriage with Chris ending... I'm having a hard time believing that was real. It looked a little bit like screenwriter manipulation. I don't know... just my thoughts!