Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Witnessed by local REALTORS this week

  • “We listed a multi-unit in Brookland Feb 1 for $529K --- received 4 offers yesterday --- went for $539K.”
  • “Had a buyer looking at houses in Capitol Hill. Found a sturdy row house that needed a lot of work, listed at $499K that had been on the market 7 days. Competed against an investor who wanted to convert house into two condo units. My buyer won at $518K.”
  • “We listed a charming row house in Mount Pleasant at $659K. It sold in 4 days slightly over asking price with only one offer … but lots of visible interest.”
  • “Multiple-offer situation in Mount Pleasant for a house listed at $550K. House needed work. Five offers, ultimately went for around $610K, my buyer lost.”
  • “My buyer was involved in a multiple-offer situation in Mount Pleasant for a house listed at over $1M. There were two offers on the table, and my buyers won at asking price.”
  • “My buyer’s offer was one of four on a $699K listing in Chevy Chase (DC). Our offer was clean (no appraisal or inspection) and escalated to 7% above asking price. My clients were thrilled to get the property for 4% (+/-) above asking price.”
  • “Fabulous condo in Kalorama. I saw it the first day it was on the market. Listed between $1M and $1.5M. I showed my clients the next morning with a blank contract in hand. Wrote an offer at the property: Full price; no appraisal; no financing contingency; but with an inspection. Seller ratified right away. Three buyers waited to see if our offer would fall through. It might have gone above list if given another day's market exposure. Lucky for us.”

No comments: