Thursday, November 06, 2008

We Are Going to Build!

As many of you may know, my best friend John and I own 2 lots in the Deanwood neighborhood of NE Washington DC. We bought the lots on the DC tax sale "bid off" auction back in 2005. After the lengthy court process to become owners we have spent the last year trying to sell our lots with no success. Recently we were approached by a local builder/developer about the possibility of teaming up with him to build a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom modular house on the lots and then selling the house.

To be honest, when I first heard modular home I thought of a trailer park! After educating myself a little more about the product I realized it was probably a great economical choice for the lots. One of the really good modular home builders is Penn Lyon Homes Corporation. You can see plans and pictures of their homes at www.PennLyon.com. We haven't picked the house just yet, but I plan to post that to the blog when the decision is made.

I am pleased to be moving forward with the building project. Today I am taking the vacant lots off the MLS and we are moving forward with the builder. I plan to track progress of the construction on this blog. Here is a picture of the lots from just 2 weeks ago, we will call it the before picture!



Of course, if you are interested in vacant lots, investing or any other real estate services please do not hesitate to contact me (Michael Dillon) at Michael@RealAstute.com or 202-369-9821.

No comments: